Your privacy is also of the utmost interest to us. This privacy statement applies to, among others our website www.marcderoo.com and all (commercial) relationships between Marc De Roo and its clients, prospects and business partners.
Marc De Roo wishes to emphasise that it is always trying to act in accordance with the Belgian Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 for the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data, the EU Regulation from 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data concerning the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC and all current and future Belgian legislation regarding the implementation of this EU Regulation.
This Privacy Statement contains, among other things, information about the personal data that Marc De Roo collects, as well as how Marc De Roo uses and processes this personal data.
Visiting the website, calling on our services, subscribing to the newsletter and/or for a course/workshop/seminar, as well as any communication with Marc De Roo implies your express consent (by means of communication of your personal data or opt-in) to the Privacy Statement and thus to the way in which we collect, use and process your personal data.
Types of personal data
Marc De Roo can collect and process the following personal data:
- First name
- Company name
- Home or company address
- Email address (personal or professional)
- Telephone number (fixed line/mobile phone/personal)
- Profession or function within the company (optional)
- Information regarding the use you make of the website and the platforms of Marc De Roo (such as but not limited to an IP address)
- All other personal data that is voluntarily transferred
Marc De Roo also collects data automatically regarding the use you make of the website. In this way, Marc De Roo will, for example, automatically log which parts of this website and/or the platform you visit, which web browser you use, and which website you visited when you gained access to this website. We cannot identify you on the basis of this data, but it lets us compile statistics regarding the use of the website or the platform.
Method of collecting personal data
This personal data is collected respectively in the context of:
- Requesting information or a quote regarding our services
- The participation in an event where Marc De Roo is/was responsible for certain services (such as drawing,…)
- Execute an assignment on the spot with additional contact needed
- Visiting the website
- The subscription to the newsletter
- The completion of the contact form
- Correspondence with and outgoing from Marc De Roo
- Participation in competitions
- The exchange of business cards
The personal data collected by Marc De Roo is, therefore, expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Use of personal data
Marc De Roo can make use of your personal data for:
- The preparation of a quote (and sending it)
- Visiting the website
- Calendar planning
- Establishing contact after a request via the website
- Follow-up after a meeting or from the agreement
- The execution of the agreement
- Answering questions
- Sending targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Sending invoices, invitations and the collection of payments
- Optimising the quality, management and the content of the website
- The drafting of statistics
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Marc De Roo will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless it is necessary for the provision of the services by Marc De Roo and the optimisation thereof (such as but not limited to sending newsletters and processing payments). If in this context it is necessary for Marc De Roo to disclose your personal information to a third party, the third party in question is obliged to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement.
Marc De Roo does not sell, rent or pass on your personal data to third parties, unless it has obtained your consent and has concluded a data processing agreement with the third party concerned, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
Storage of personal data
Marc De Roo only retains your personal data during the period that is necessary for the achievement and fulfilment of the goals, as described in the Privacy Statement under ‘use of personal data’.
Your privacy rights
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights, as defined below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form to exercise your privacy rights and send it to Marc De Roo via email.
The following details are part of your privacy rights:
- The right of access to the personal data;
- The right to correct and to complete or update your personal data;
- The right to delete your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- The right to a restriction on the processing of your personal data;
- The right to transfer your personal data;
- The right to objection/opposition to the processing of your personal data.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the form mentioned above.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about our services, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button, as provided at the bottom of each e-mail from Marc De Roo.
Security of personal data
Marc De Roo endeavours to take reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your personal data, as well as loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
Marc De Roo will store all personal data that it has collected in the cloud (with datacentre(s) within the EU).
Notwithstanding the security policy of Marc De Roo, the controls that it carries out and the actions that it takes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. No method of transfer or retransmission via the Internet nor any method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, Marc De Roo cannot guarantee absolute safety under these circumstances.
Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient who is domiciled or established in a country that is not covered by an adequacy decision, issued by the European Commission, will be governed by the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain (i) the standard contractual clauses, as stipulated in the ‘Decision of the European Commission of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)’, or (ii) any other mechanism under the privacy legislation or any other regulation concerning the processing of personal data.
Updates to the Privacy Statement
Marc De Roo is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by publishing a new version on the website. It is strongly recommended that you consult the website and the page on which the Privacy Statement is displayed on a regular basis to ensure that you are aware of any changes. The date of the latest change can be found on the website and/or in the Privacy Statement.
Contact Marc De Roo
In case you have questions or comments about the Privacy Statement or the method by which Marc De Roo collects, uses, or processes your personal data, please contact us:
- Via email: email@example.com
If you are dissatisfied with the way Marc De Roo has dealt with these questions or comments, or if you have any complaints about how Marc De Roo collects, uses, or processes your information, you can submit a complaint to the Privacy Commission.
Date of last change: 25/05/2018